For too many years, I’ve noticed otherwise well-meaning people fritter their lives away because they believed in counterproductive myths and superstitions. I would like to present before you, for your delectation, this improved list of suggestions for action to better help you secure your Liberty that I put forward in my 2015 Independence Day article (the original list can be found in my 2013 Independence Day article).
- First, go on a circuit of political fieldtrips, ask yourself the Three Questions to Anarchy, and then become a good role model in your daily life. Reject reformism. Celebrate freedom holidays. Relax and meditate so that you may understand your own psyche and emotions in order to better govern yourself. Homeschool your children. Most importantly, laugh at the State.
- Second, alter your legal status with the government. Cancel your voter registration. Abstain from licensure as you are practically able. Consider expatriation, or go on a paper trip.
- Third, refuse acquiescence to the cashless society and central banking. Use cash and specie instead of plastic bank cards. Reclaim unclaimed property. Start your own entrepreneurial business. Dumpster dive. Become financially independent. Practice survivalism. Close all of your bank accounts.
- Fourth, discretely assemble your own security team. Wisely sort likely candidates through the judicious use of vetting and ostracism, as applicable. Make your car inconspicuous. Begin using encrypted digital communications, such as PGP for email, OTR for instant messaging, & ZRTP for VoIP (& cellular telephone) calls; also, learn a variety of ciphers and cryptograms that you can use with just paper and pencil. Improve your physical fitness daily. Roleplay police interrogations. Practice both your marksmanship and sparring capabilities. Go Simon Jestering.
- Fifth, organize a local Committee of Safety (preferably, no bigger than a county). Pamphleteer your neighborhood to attract members for a General Association. Perform community service as a local Committee of Safety while handing out handbills and other literature. Hold meetings and begin militia recruitment. Alternatively, organize a DRO by retaining clientele, establishing a friendly society, and hiring veterans to begin property patrols and bodyguarding services for Texan ranchers.